Yummy Green BeansPosted: December 3, 2010
A few evenings ago I just didn’t feel like cooking at all but I knew that to have a nice dinner I desperately needed another vegetable dish.
I got some green beans a day before thinking I’ll be able to make a curry but this particular evening a curry was the last thing I wanted to do.
So I searched online for a very very simple dish with things I already had in my kitchen and viola! I found the easiest most delicious green bean dish on A Veggie Venture
Here is the recipe outline from A Veggie Venture:
1 pound green beans, washed, tips snapped
1 tablespoon peanut oil or olive oil (I used olive oil-tasted great)
3 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed flat with side of a knife, then roughly chopped
A little salt
1/4 cup water stirred with 1/4 teaspoon sugar
Salt & pepper
* Heat the skillet on MEDIUM HIGH and oil until shimmery.
* Add garlic, sprinkle with salt. Cook 30 seconds or til lightly golden, stirring.
* Add the beans, turn a few times to coat well with the oil.
* Stir in the water/sugar mixture. Cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
* Cover and cook 2 – 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, til beans are slightly wilted but still crunchy.
* Uncover and increase heat to HIGH. Cook 2 minutes until the liquid has evaporated and the beans are cooked but still bright green.
* Taste and adjust the salt as needed.
* Transfer to a serving dish. Drizzle with the syrupy liquid from the skillet.
*Check out A Veggie Venture for other tips and notes on this recipe.*
I could not stop picking at the beans even well before dinner started- it was SO good!